I'm here because...

I was told I'm making a mistake, that my blog is too personal, that I must fictionalize everything, I must write the way writers do. That I mustn't pour out my emotions and be so vulnerable to the world lest they see me as weak and non-literary. Hey you my friend who advised this, I appreciate your concern, your fatherly instinct to protect me, to polish me into an elusive, invisible word churning machine. I know what you meant, but don't you see, unlike you I have nothing to fear and nothing to gain. I'm not here to please anyone. I'm not here to write literature. I write not for your appreciation or your brickbats. I write for myself, only to understand and be understood. I know you are scared I'm turning into a normal, teenagish, blurt-everything-out emotional fool. Don't you see I don't care...

Words are coal black
fire and water
can't enhance them

Comments

Oreen said…
enable word verification for comments.
Wanderlust said…
hey,oh my god i can't believe this?these are the same words my friends said too...and some one who care nothing about me...why be that supercilious,diplomat?...be your self...trust me the world cares less when you go through turmoil and cares the world when it comes to giving advice...listen to your heart and keep updating your blog with stuff close to your heart coz whether anyone does or not emotional fools(if that's what you wish to call)will surely visit your site again and again :-)

Popular posts from this blog

Tagged

A Decade Later

Dazed Anatomy