Song For The Week:

This Flight Tonight

Look out the left the captain said
The lights down there,
thats where we'll land
I saw a falling star burn up
Above the Las Vegas sands

It wasn't the one that you gave to me
That night down south between the trailers
Not the early one
That you can wish upon;
Not the northern one
That guides in the sailors

Oh starbright, starbright
Youve got the lovin
that I like, all right
Turn this crazy bird around
I shouldnt have got
on this flight tonight

You got the touch
so gentle and sweet
But you've got
that look so critical
Now I can't talk to you baby
I get so weak
Sometimes I think love is just mythical

Up there's a heaven
Down there's a town
Blackness everywhere
and little lights shine
Oh, blackness, blackness
dragging me down
Come on light the candle
in this poor heart of mine

Oh starbright, starbright
You've got the lovin
that I like, all right
Turn this crazy bird around
I shouldn't have got on this flight tonight

I'm drinking sweet champagne
Got the headphones up high
Can't numb you out
Can't drum you out of my mind
They're playing
goodbye baby, baby goodbye,
Ooh, ooh, love is blind

Up go the flaps,
down go the wheels
I hope you got
your heat turned on baby
I hope they finally
fixed your automobile
I hope it's better
when we meet again baby

Starbright, starbright
You got the lovin
that I like, all right
Turn this crazy bird around
I shouldn't have got on this flight tonight

-Joni Mitchell

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Decade Later

Tagged

Bringing It Back