Good Night

I've been getting these dreams
and they're driving me crazy,
Bringing back my past,
From the cold winds of the dark.

I see green lakes,
and people I've known.
See Gods fighting
for the foot of my throne.

Waking up, feeling blue,
the wrong side of the bed,
the wrong position too.

I don't know where else to go,
If sleep can't bring my escape,
I'll have to bring down the curtain
on my colourful freak show.

In a half sleep,
there are faces I see.
Most of the times,
they are different faces of me.

I guess I'll learn to stay awake.
I guess I'll learn again to cry.
This time, I'll follow the road.
This time, I'll fall from the sky.

I'll see you in some other life,
This time, I'll have short hair,
and you'll still love me darling.
Even when I ain't there.

Come, I won't say goodbye to you.
There's no point saying good night.
You can't run away from dreams.
Even if they don't fit you right.

Comments

Unknown said…
maybe it is the timing, maybe it is the words. something abt this is very 'relatable'
Unknown said…
btw, the blog's moved to http://gaizabonts.wordpress.com/

and i agree everything is relatable - this was just more so :)

Popular posts from this blog

A Decade Later

Bringing It Back

Tagged