Single and Happy



The time for cribbing is over. How many married people envy us singletons...we do what we want, we have no one calling to find out what time we reach home, nor are we answerable to anyone.
I sat at a cafe with another single girlfriend. The winter sun fell on our faces, and after watching a movie and shopping, we discussed fantasy authors like CS Lewis and Tolkien. It was peaceful. Peaceful and happy.
I've been single for a year, mostly complaining about it. But not anymore. No Sir!

Come, don't take a chance,
I'm not up for chances,
I want to fly some more,
I need to die some more,
A sip of wine, a taste of love,
A time to fall into circles,
A time to look above,
It's not that time yet,
It's only time
to kill time,
watch telly, drink a Cosmo,
It's time for the self to know
what it knew once before...

Comments

dharmabum said…
yeah, single rocks!

Popular posts from this blog

A Decade Later

Tagged

Bringing It Back