A Sunday Story




They left a hole in my wall,
then said, "Madam, there's a wire here,
if we go any further, there'll be a short circuit."
So, I asked them what they planned to do.
"Keep making holes till we find a safe point."
I laughed and told them to stop.

And thought to myself,
when they'll ever be sure,
of that place where danger doesn't exist.
I don't like vulgar holes in my perfect wall.
I like the labyrinth wire trap,
keeping vulgar holes
away from the wall,
the minefield that casual labourers
will dare not trample on.

"Send the electrician first,
he knows it all," I said.
They came back saying,
that the electrician had quit.
So I stared at the gaping emptiness they left behind,
It wasn't aesthetic, but I felt proud,
as if it were my very own abstract masterpiece,
that others would only pretend to understand.

Comments

Anonymous said…
mmhmm, great. Really. That was a wise thing to do. Having a seuve for a wall doesn't make your belongings very secure. I am all for walls. Strong and invulnerable.
Anonymous said…
seive*
Anonymous said…
am lovin' it! :)
A Arora said…
dip: i agree with u...it's difficult to do that anyways if one has taken so much effort to build those strong walls..

gaizabonts: thank u! :)
Varun said…
Your wall is no longer whole.
A Arora said…
varun: it is capable of filling itself up. don't worry abt that!
Oreen said…
read a lot of you after a long time . . .

Popular posts from this blog

Tagged

A Decade Later

Dazed Anatomy