Today




I want to cover my knees in chocolate mud,
playing football in the rain
A quiet walk on a wayside cliff, listening
to seagulls as they make mischief,
travel to places forgotten and unknown,
make magic under the stars,
cover my head with snow
But today is not that day

I want to pray for not being selfish,
wish health and joy to others,
hold hands with crying strangers
and walk an old lady with grocery home
But today is not that day

I want to make a difference
in this torrid, tormented world
Be an artiste and say, ‘I shall live
on fire and dreams alone,
I shall not care for being rich or known’
But today is not that day

This time I want to stall,
live in a parallel universe,
where another me never grows old,
walk deserts alone and
know that no matter what,
I’m doing what I can

Today is that day for trying
what we can do best,
to live a moment in heart’s content,
to write down thoughts
and know what you need
to do before the winged warrior
calls you home to fly away too soon
Today is that day

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tagged

A Decade Later

Dazed Anatomy