Half




A half moon
in the half lit sky
half of it dark,
the other bright
Half of you,
and half of me
Half of my heart
in the city by the sea,
half here with you
sipping the half glass
of red wine
Half of us wants
to stall and sleep
half making lists
of weekend needs
and bills left
for the other half
we can not save
even if we wanted to
Half of the spaghetti
is tangy, the other
so bland, so motionless
so colourless, like
half of the building
that sleeps
Half of my hand in yours
the other
picking dirt from the floor
Half of the house
is old, the other
something I can't relate to
Half of this existence is real,
the other half living a dream
Half of my life is over,
the other half I'm hoping
I don't look too much older
Half of your lips I kiss,
the other I'm too lazy to
approach, maybe later
Half of my gaze is for you,
the other half
for the half moon
I pretend I didn't see

Comments

Oreen said…
takes time to settle down...but your heart will always be in the city by the sea...

for a three-fourth feeling, try a job...

Popular posts from this blog

A Decade Later

Tagged

Bringing It Back