My soul



Is your soul happy? she asked
I repeated the question in my head
But i still could not understand
What being happy had to do with my soul

I was never a soul person,
I know how it feels when my heart is happy
That day at 15 when we sat under the stars
A group of giggling girls,
When the whole city went dark.

Or watching the valley below,
In a cabin in the hills, lush with candles
Feeling content,  feeling complete

The heart is capable of a countless emotions
Each one different,  each one intense

The day i gazed at the birds in the sky
Wanting to fly away,  to escape the hurt
Was it my soul? Was it my thoughts?

Im living each day, watching my children,
Grow up,  learn,  become their own,
Like a gardener spending time
Lovingly, tending to the saplings

Is my heart happy?
Happiness isnt a constant
It exists in moments,
That stay and shine,
Long after we are gone.

Is my soul happy?
If my heart is,
So will my soul.
We are in this together,
The candle and the flame,
The flame will wax and wane
But the candle will remain. 

Comments

How do we know said…
How beautiful!!! Writing is like cycling. You can get better with practice, but you can't lose what you already have.
How do we know said…
Pls write again. Came to check if there's anything new.

Popular posts from this blog

Tagged

A Decade Later

Dazed Anatomy