The New You

Read this quote in the paper. It was by Gregory David Roberts, author of Shantaram.

He said, "The biggest change in my life was the realisation that I had to take responsibility. Responsibility for my actions, and responsibility for my family."

I thought I had to put this down here because this is something I completely believe in. Maturity comes only with acceptance and responsibility. You can't blame anyone for anything that's gone wrong in your life. It doesn't mean that you blame yourself. It only means that sooner or later, you'll have to understand why it happened to you.
On this note, here's to a fresh year full of magic, adventure, travel, health, love, prosperity and responsibility.
Happy New Year to all of you!

P.S: I'm quitting smoking. What's your resolution?

Comments

Sugarlips said…
I think we call this self realization :)

I have read "Shantaram" & enjoyed it very much...Thanx for the lovely new year wishes...I wish you the same full of love & peace new year & many more ahead :)

P.S: I want to learn Farsi(Persian) trying my level best since quiet a while so I hope this coming year I would be able to :)

Stay Beautiful...!!
sophie said…
Life is so mysterious and
magical and filled with
love around every corner -
so many blessings:)

have a beautiful new year and
may your life sparkle with
poetry and cuddles:)
dharmabum said…
"It only means that sooner or later, you'll have to understand why it happened to you."

i don't bother myself with the understanding bit. mebbe its just plain indifference. or my unshakeable faith that whatever happens is always for the good.

"I'm quitting smoking. What's your resolution?"
the present continuous tense NEVER works as far as smoking is concerned. if u really wanna do it, u just gotta quit - NOW is the answer!
haven't made any resolutions, but this one - i made a few years back and dumped :)

warm wishes to u too
How do we know said…
my resolution? to try and lose that extra 9 kilos that still sits very heavily on z frame!! boo hoo!!!!
Anonymous said…
I loved Shantaram!

My resolution is to go to the gym at least every other day.

AND

to hand in all homework on time :)

That's a great resolution, to stop smoking. My dad made the same one when my little bro was born, and hasn't smoked for years now!

Anyway, have a great year!!

Popular posts from this blog

A Decade Later

The Story of K (contd.)

Bringing It Back