Remembering You

A.C,

It's been long since I dedicated a post to you. It's been months since I saw you, or spoke to you. Of course, I couldn't have you. I was never your kind of girl, and I have no bitterness towards you anymore. You're married, and out of my league. I don't cry or crave for you anymore. I have moved on, and fallen in love all over again.
But I miss you, as a friend, I miss my undying passion for you, looking at you and feeling breathless, that crazy, intense love that destroys and burns. Today morning, I was remembering our conversations, our seemingly similar tastes in everything, talking about Art, about books, wanting to watch the same movies, quoting the same lines from Dylan, at the same time...
I remember that night at Gateway, when you knew every jazz piece that was played, at the lake where we stood without touching - only watching the stars, watching Harry Potter with you when we were high....
You never let me come too close to you, like a typical Scorpio, only your eyes pierced through me. It was always your eyes. You said you found my hands unusual. And I found yours too.
I hope you're happy. I hope you're at peace, in love.
I want nothing but the best for you.
But I do miss a 'kindred', that's what you called me when I was running away from this city, running away from you.

'I know we never will be perfect
Never entirely clear
(when the moon shines)
We get hurt
and we just panic
And we strike out
Out of fear
(you were only being kind)
I fear the sentence
of this solitude
200 years on hold
(for my loving crime)
Oh and all I ever wanted
Was just to
come in from the cold
Come in
Come in
from the cold'

I could still sing this for you...So long, friend...

A.A

Comments

Sugarlips said…
I would like to quote Gregory David Roberts author of Shantaram.
-Sometimes you break your heart in a right way, if you know what I mean-

There is always a bright morning after a dark night...Sometimes we have to make startling choices but memories are the best souvenirs...To me memories are like a crescent moon sneering through a gap inthe clouds once in a while.

It is very hard to dedicate a post for someone u once loved ppl usually don't do it & I simply appreciate it...I wish you a very happy & loving life ahead with your sweetheart cuz all we need is love :)

I'll dedicate this song "Mitwa" to u from the movie "Kabhi Alvida Na Kehna"..

Stay Beautiful...!!
sophie said…
This post was so moving to me
...i have not felt this stunning
fierce love you have experienced
yet to this impassioned degree-
i am just learning about love and
so hopeful and excited and
nervous lately:)

There is something about you -
i don't know what it is
...(i am a bit at a loss for
words:(
...but you seem like a
very passionate person -
i can tell by your poetry -
I hope you are not offended but
almost Irish - the Irish were
great poets of love:)

I think reading your poetry will
make me a better poet;)

(hugs)
dharmabum said…
could relate a lot to this post, for more than one reason. probably bcoz i went thru this kind of stuff a few years back. and i ran away too...quite unnecessarily, but thats thinking in retrospect. also coz i am, also quite a passionate person... so much that i have at times, felt burnt out :(

am sure A.C is doing well. with such warm wishes from a genuine well wisher like u, how else could he possibly be?
Wanderlust said…
what could i say.....i am speechless.....ur posts often reflect so much in common that i often wonder whether ur my twin soul....yeah often a smile flashes across ur face just seeing ur so called kindred smile.....yeah all cnt be perfect, yet the memories that lives there in the deep corner of one's heart sims so......hmm reading ur post i feel a strange peace, of all the stroms raging in my heart come to a standstill, ur posts has a captivating power over me, which u may too may not be able to envision or imagine.....am really happy to hear that u are happi my friend.....may love and peace be urs forever :)

Popular posts from this blog

A Decade Later

The Story of K (contd.)

Bringing It Back