Her World...

The Vintage Festival by Sir Laurence Alma Tadema

Is vast and unassuming,
a place where
the unpredictable always happens,
adventure, magic, desire, drama,
and the Queen rules,
causing unsuspecting travelers,
tired and weary
to take shelter
in her palace and dreams
The fountains soothe them,
the wine and food fulfil
and the warmth satisfies.
But travelers must travel,
so they thank the Queen,
apologise for misleading her
into thinking they would stay,
never once asking
if she would like to leave
the golden domes
of that perfect splendor world
to an unknown land,
where she would be
just an ordinary peasant girl,
sweat and dirt in the day
and at night, sleep in loving arms,
not once asking,
not once knowing,
that she would gladly do so,
knowing well,
her magic world can create castles
of riches and plentiful
even in hot arid deserts,
even in cold harsh winters,
even in flooded flash fields,
of love and comfort
even in a land
where love never survived before.

Comments

Amit said…
Touching and beautiful........
Amit said…
I walked through the woods....
The George of the Jungle....
I came out into the opening...not for the first time
Saw the road,
Thats what I was told it was....long back by someone I don't remember
Tried to wave down a truck...it didn't stop...
Tried to wave down a car... it didn't stop...
Tried to wave down a motor cycle.... it didn't stop...
N finally waved at a passing bullock cart.... saw the look in the rider's eyes....n saw it passing by and going down the road...n out of the line of sight...I smiled.... and then laughed....
I guess it's the leopard skin dress that I am wearing....
I guess I will just wait a bit longer....n then walk back into the woods, not for the first time...
But thanks to this road....
I now know that I am a human...a word with 2 vowels and 3 consonants...
And now I know how to talk...
And I shave now...
And I eat cooked food....
I believe next time around I will wear a Levis n Provogue and off course Reebok.....saw this on posters pasted to some of the passing by vehicles being worn by humans....they looked good...

NB: Excuse the line breaks...n any grammatical or usage errors...Feel free to rectify...
A Arora said…
thanks amit..glad to know u liked it. though i didn't quite get what u've pasted...is it connected in any way to what i've written?
Amit said…
Nothing specific just felt like writing and these lines kept coming....
Travellers come by and go, they atleast stop but there are times when no one stops by....
George wants the travellers to take him with them but he also wants them to come into his jungle and stay a while....
Neither happens.....and George keeps on changing, thinking that some day the fellow humans might take him along or atleast stay with him just for a while.....
A Arora said…
amit: ah yes..now it makes sense...and well now..it is related..quite a lot in fact :)
Oreen said…
came here after a long break...
lemme read you some more...
Vasu said…
Beautiful ....

:-)

Popular posts from this blog

A Decade Later

The Story of K (contd.)

Bringing It Back