Return to Oz


Ten years had passed,
And it was time to revisit
the place where anything is possible.
In a dream last night,
I went back
to where

I forgot my innocence,
a belief that magic
exists where stars fall
from the sky
and lunch boxes
hang from trees,
where belief itself
makes a heroine
out of a village girl
and red shoes
can open doors
towards home.
It still exists,
I realized,
The password
Was there
in memory,
and once again
I retrieved both,
Lost myself during day,
Found myself
in the intangible night.

Comments

dharmabum said…
woah! fresh as ever. been a while, but i still love this space. thank you.
A Arora said…
thanks dharma :)
Anonymous said…
Very beautiful as well as....there is much I would love to say...but will hold my tongue. Another day and time for that. Of course I love the theme lil bird.

...thanks for showing me the way...reminding me....where troubles melt like lemon drops...the strength to 'fly' there lies in all of us. We can all...wake up where the clouds are far behind...us

I really, truly admire your talent
A Arora said…
warrior: thanks. we must all learn to 'fly' alone. u n i both...alone...
Madhuri Shinde said…
Beautiful and sensible lines...Good that the Oz is back.
A Arora said…
maddy: thanks baby, i have always been here...just didn't realise it...muaahhh...
kabhi to hamein yaad kar liya karo...
Shilpa Arora said…
Loved this one , I guess it appeals to all of us who believed in fairytasles and cry when the belif starts to disspate.The ending lines were purrrfect

Popular posts from this blog

A Decade Later

The Story of K (contd.)

Bringing It Back