Dreams



At the edge of the universe,
admiring the galaxy,
countless specks at my feet,
and lamenting the 'dying star',
the final burst of colour,
as an ancient force self destructs.
Who took me there,
who spoke as the tour guide?
And then the next one,
the shattering of the blue lamp,
my favourite bedside object.
The falling from the tower,
knowing this is it,
the last moment of consciousness,
the last desire to live.
And the people who come in
and out of my sleep,
They tell me things
they never would
in my waking life,
Puns galore,
analysed with the rising sun,
and slowly the images fade away,
And I forget I knew so much,
till I'm reminded
by a subtle sign from the present,
you always knew that,
you only chose to forget,
you dream every night,
you only chose to day dream.

Comments

Anonymous said…
something has changed. for one, obviously the template. then, i see some posts experienced nirvana?
A Arora said…
AS: Yeah, the time had come for them to die..i needed to clean up some of the pathetically messy stuff i wrote..whether they attained nirvana or not, i don't know..i felt good after getting rid of them. how's the new look? :)
How do we know said…
This is great! The picture too. And i like the new template. :-)
How do we know said…
And i also like the new name!

Popular posts from this blog

A Decade Later

The Story of K (contd.)

Bringing It Back