A Stranger at Third Base

Take off your clothes,
I don't know you anyways.
Take off mine,
You won't see me even without them.
Let the lips meet,
but do it fast so that I don't feel your breath.
Hold the breasts in your big hand,
don't fondle gently, cup them together
make sure you are in touch with the dual lie.
Take the wetness as it comes,
takes over your legs,
It's all my fertility can offer,
the tears are gathered for someone else.
Kiss the back of my neck,
I'll lift my hair for you,
This is where my desire meets my greed.
Let me embrace your 'little master',
I've mastered the skill of talking to the hardened essence.
Not tonight, we won't go any further.
I've decided to face the stranger inside now.
Yes, I promised I wouldn't write about you,
"I only write about interesting people," I said.
I lied.
I write about the trivial in my shallowness,
the unfaithful kindness in your honesty,
as you hint that this is only what it looks like.
I agree and we part,
me laughing at your fragile attempt
at sorry distances.

Comments

dharmabum said…
kindness, methinks is attributeless. this one has a very raw, and candid feeling to it. beautiful u write.
phish said…
candid and raw is right. made me flinch at first. and then i read it again.

cant be so honest. i sugar coat things.
How do we know said…
this is a first on your blog, and i loved it.

Liked the last line best. You usually pack the punch there.
A Arora said…
dharma: thanks dear..kindness is also very common, concern isn't...

phish: to be honest, i flinched after writing it as well. there are big risks involved in being so candid. but it doesnot involve vulnerability. rawness, in fact makes one fool proof. that is the risk, the possessed detachment that comes with it..

how: thank u..i sent a congratulations on ur page for ur becoming a mommy. hope u received it. loved what u wrote abt the learning from it..
phish said…
^
that's my tent. and i need to spend some more time here. hope smoking is allowed in the premises.
A Arora said…
phish: ask another smoker that question, and you'll only get a familiar smile :) but of course, feel at home! there's enough angst in here to make u want to keep smoking...

Popular posts from this blog

A Decade Later

The Story of K (contd.)

Bringing It Back