The Coin and the Shy Girl

(Wudang Mountain, China)


It is all white now,
surrounding me is the calm,
the cold feathery hands of clouds,
it takes me in as an orphan,
embraces and hides me in its heart,
and then I don't remember,
if I fell to the ground, or flew to the sky,
I'm the coin you tossed from the peak
where the lovers once leapt off,
it used to be known for pain,
but now it takes you towards
a cleaning of thoughts and emotions,
when nothing remains.
You gasped, "It's gone, the coin,
where did it go?"
There were four of you,
two pairs looking for completion
from each other.
Did you understand being a
coin tossed from a foggy hill?
Now, the two's have halved,
each on their own path.
You remembered me last night, shy one,
didn't you? You wondered,
what happened to the coin...
Do you know what happens
to those who die? I bet you don't.
But, I didn't die.
I flew off, like the girl from Wudan,
into nothingness.
I lived forever, I died never.
You understand now, don't you?
You dream of that, shy one.
These days, you feel like me,
lost in the fog, consumed by it
and flying in the endless intangible.
Close your eyes and jump,
this valley never ends,
and you'll never be sad or happy,
only one in the infinite.


Comments

How do we know said…
As usual, i loved this one. As usual, you say what i feel, only in much better words. Thank you!
dharmabum said…
i like the idea of closing my eyes and jumping - into life :)

Popular posts from this blog

A Decade Later

The Story of K (contd.)

Bringing It Back