Luna

Image by: Henri Daumier

Don't hide from me, my moon,
I've watched you so many times before.
And each time you've shown me things
I've forgotten a long time ago.

Once I was a young girl,
and my love was far away.
Each night, I would look at you
and in your light, I saw his face.
Blowing a kiss at you, I knew
it would reach those lips.
He would laugh when I would
with sheer belief, call you a woman.
"You're my moon, my woman."

As I grew older and love faded,
I could not bear to look at you.
I had no love, and I felt you
would mock my loneliness
on nights when you were
pale yellow and high.
That is your splendour,
your glittering dance in gold,
the eye of all crowds,
the glass of wine, the heel in the sky.
When I saw you crimson and low,
it brought only sadness
I never saw you blue,
maybe I never wanted to.

But tonight, I looked at you again,
still so beautiful, melting like butter
in hot soup; wanted to devour you,
my moon, like a man quenched with desire
You stirred in me all that I had hidden
Then you teased me again, disappearing
behind your veil, igniting my passion.
Could it be you just smiled?
Could it be I lied?
Maybe I'm still a woman,
Maybe you're still my moon.
Maybe as I blow a kiss tonight,
It'll bring me back to you.

Comments

Brown Weed said…
Very nice! And gladdening too - that things still affect you as before.

In the moonlight
all the words you say
make it relatively easy
to be swept away

(made me want to hear it)
Varun said…
you're falling :)

and it's good!

girl, don't let the hope wane.
A Arora said…
mr bo: haven't heard that before...

varun: falling? not at all...warmed by hope..yes..
Manish Raj said…
Come out of your 'coulds' and 'maybes'.

You don't have to wait to know someone before you kiss; Go ahead and kiss, to know him/her better.

Try it..
Shrink
A Arora said…
shrink: ur advice is quite extreme. are u sure there's no rule in the book of psychology that restricts u from doing this? :P besides, i need to feel like kissing someone in order to actually do that..and at this point in my life, there's noone that i want to..
Anonymous said…
It was a beautiful expression of ur innermost feelings...write away all ur troubles like that!
How do we know said…
And just like that,
the moon
floated back into our lives
like a dream
once cherished
then gradually forgotten .

Or perhaps
The moon
Comes back
Like the runaway spouse
now repentant
walking in the door
just like that
saying nothing
and needing nothing said.

As u figured already, I have a love affair with the moon too... :-) My first childhood buddy and my eternal secrets holder!
A Arora said…
kiran: thanks so much. and welcome to my blog!

how: darling, that was so beautiful...how is it that u and i always have so much in common? did u also sing as a kid to make the rain come earlier? i used to do that... :p

Popular posts from this blog

A Decade Later

The Story of K (contd.)

Bringing It Back