Where is the Love?




It's funny how you can be two completely different people in a matter of years. I was opening up my past to a close friend and ended up muttering, "Memories exist because they make you remember who you were." I do remember who I was, but am shocked and surprised each time I think about it. How did I end up changing so much? When exactly did it happen?



Sometimes the transition is gradual and happens without your realising it. In other cases, one fine day, you just wake up and find yourself changed. Like the man who invented his own language, and one day discovered he had forgotten how to communicate with other people. Now, that was a story I read in a school text book. Amazing how after 23 years, I actually understand what it meant.



I regret some things that I have lost in myself. The ability to trust people, impulsiveness, warmth, a certain don't care attitude. I appreciate what I've gained: practicality, judgement, independence and strength. There's still some apprehension though. I would like to get my lost qualities back. But the more I try, the more futile my attempt seems. I asked a man who I remember had gone through a similar phase. "When will I change again?" He said, "When you find someone who you can trust completely, all your walls will come crumbling down".



I haven't found that person yet. But I have a strange intuitive feeling he's coming closer. I have been sensing it for a long time now. I dreamt of him in Colorado. I don't know he looks, but the day I bump into him, I'll know.



My Mr Right, wherever you are, come soon. Like the Egyptian pyramids, this wall too has that secret rock that will bring everything down. And only you'll know where to find it.

Comments

Brown Weed said…
aayega, aayega.. sab ko milega!
thus spake the fuzzy baba.

And A Table Is A Table, non?
How do we know said…
such a lovely positive post. Mr. Right is on his way, and this post is going to hurry him too..
LeeB said…
Nice to see a post with such a positive ring to it...

Keep up the spirit and you never know when all those little lost qualities will spring out like blossoms...
Varun said…
u clicked the pic?

nice green shade.. can feel the dampness.

and all the best with mr. write
Anonymous said…
take a few days off and travel....
Ash
A Arora said…
mr bo: yeah yeah..easy for u to say. u already heard from the piano lady, didn't u? ;)

how: aapki har baat sach nikkle :)

leeb: thanks. hope they do..and it's always better to be taken by surprise, isn't it?


varun: hi buddy. hearing from u after a long time. yeah, i took the pic..it's in lonavala...so it's not surprising the dampness shows...

ash: i want to travel, but finances are pretty weak right now..feb or march is when i shld be sneaking away..have to bide my time till then..
LeeB said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
LeeB said…
it is always great to be surprised...

but I'm not sure waiting to be surprised is such a good idea after all...

from my experience, just let go without any conditions...

you will be better off at the other end... one way or another...
Varun said…
am off blogging for quite a while now... keep lurking once in a while.

cheers!
dharmabum said…
i wonder why most of us need that somebody to break the walls.

i like the general tone of this epost though, keep smiling!
Manish Raj said…
Hi Friend

You are:

1. Impulsive - the Video Bar of your profile suggests this.

2. Warm - Oh, even a blind person can say that.

3. Caring - Your writings and 'Grow a tree, Save Earth' message vouches for this.

I see your new qualities as additions only while you certainly have what you had earlier.

Well, perhaps you don't trust people these days (the pic attached in your post suggests - it is not straight but angled; subconsciously you have shot an algae on stone)

Your search for Mr Right is search for Trust. And the best thing is - you are open and are getting intuitions already.

Wish you all the Best.
Manish
A Arora said…
dharma: everybody has walls, some of stone, some of glass..

manish: ur now officially my shrink :) thanks so much for ur kind words
Anonymous said…
He is definitely waiting in the wings!For such a person as you, it should be worth the wait!Best of luck...

Popular posts from this blog

A Decade Later

The Story of K (contd.)

Bringing It Back