Existing Existentialism

Image: The False Mirror, Rene Magritte



"Why hast thou forsaken me,
oh why hast thou shown me a corner,
where there naught any sun?"





"So that I can test you,
so that you can heal and be strong,
in the shade when the sun is harsh."





"I don't know why I suffer so,
I must have done something wrong.
I think you must detest me,
I think I can't go on."





"There are many more who suffer, son.
I ask you to be strong, I ask you
to count your blessings,
the food, the wine, your home..."





"It's all right I guess,
this too shall pass, I will still pray,
I'll plough my fields, I'll bake my corn,
I'll look for the signs you give me,
I'll wait for the day to come."





"Have faith, thy kingdom come,
thy shall be done."





"What man, why are you always so vague,
don't you ever get tired,
of playing your funny games?
I don't think you ever answer,
I don't think you ever listen,
you're detached from reality,
a schizoid like me, so says my shrink.
Maybe, you're a control freak,
the geek programmer with the fancy codes.
See, now you've disappeared again,
Hey dude, I'll stop bothering you,
at least say something,
Hello, hello, anyone there, hello?"

Comments

Anonymous said…
very nicely written - a pianissimo having a crescendo towards the end, and then slowly fading out again. have you read Frost's Dream Pang? maybe He still comes & watches.
A Arora said…
anon: no, i haven't read it. are u scared to use ur real name? it wouldn't make a difference, u know..
Mampi said…
"thy shall be done" is "Thy Will shall be done?"

you reminded me of Christiana Rossetti and suddenly it was the 21st century that I was in.

Beautiful.
How do we know said…
i loved this one!! As usual :-)
Anonymous said…
He is there-he will come some day!
nicely worded poetry
A Arora said…
mampi: haven't read too much of rossetti except what i read in college..

how: ur the best :)

mithe: he is, or isn't..now that is the question..and why he for that matter, cld be a she, cld be an it, an alien, a particle, maybe even nothing except coincidental events..who knows...
LeeB said…
"he is, or isn't..now that is the question..and why he for that matter, cld be a she, cld be an it, an alien, a particle, maybe even nothing except coincidental events..who knows..."

Now we're talking... Welcome to the beyond.
Brown Weed said…
brrr.. shiver me timbers!!
but have you read it now?

Popular posts from this blog

A Decade Later

The Story of K (contd.)

Bringing It Back