Surrender


There's a slow wind moving,
the warm air from the island,
drops of pearls melting from the ice,
and I feel, yes, I feel again.

You can call me silly,
love doesn't happen
between strangers, you'll say.
Love does happen between strangers,
and it doesn't matter what I call it,
the words are irreversible, can be mounted
on a clammy shelf, or hurled into the deepest seas.

You can break my heart into little pieces,
you can excuse yourself from past pain,
I could fall in your arms like coloured cake.
I could hide and never show what isn't real.
It doesn't matter if there's spring or rain.
All I know is I feel again.

It could be dooomed,
my love affairs mostly are,
but I've hid long enough,
I've covered my tracks well,
hoping I wouldn't be spotted.
But you didn't.
And so I'll show myself,
be gentle on me,
my leg's broken
and so is your gun.
I see as you shove it under the covers.
Will I be accepted or killed,
but it doesn't matter,
no, it doesn't matter.
Because I want to be hunted,
I want to see your eyes,
yes, I want to see your eyes.
because I feel again.
Only because I feel again.

Comments

How do we know said…
:-) i like what u do with imagery... and with words.
A Arora said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
Manish Raj said…
You have such an eye and such a heart..

God bless you..
Oreen said…
and i am so jealous again...
wish you fell for me like that some day, catherine...
A Arora said…
oreen: u have nothing to be jealous abt...my emotions here are exaggerated...maybe i have fallen for someone..maybe he doesn't even know i have..maybe even i don't know who he is...
besides, u'll always have catherine...47 km away from home...
Anonymous said…
I liked the choice of the title-its apt for your composition! You surrender, yes but why so unwillingly?

Surrender with a full heart...the freedom that accompanies it is unimaginable (so I have heard from a friend)
Good Luck!!!
Anonymous said…
True true. Rumi says, 'Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it.' So why not you! Why not indeed!!

Popular posts from this blog

Bringing It Back

A Decade Later

Tagged