The Circle



Take me back,
to where I knew you, to where
we were, where we stayed,
longing for an eternity in
a one bedroom apartment,
with words dancing every night,
and the sounds of a mouth organ
putting us to sleep.

Let me forget
about the red bearded goblin
that threatened to take you away,
let's go back, much before the circle began
before the radius took shape,
before the circumfrence made us dizzy
from going round and round.
Let me open the door once again,
seeing a stranger I knew centuries ago,
the step away from the stair,
breaking my young heart into pieces,
the first letter, the first kiss, the first dream,
the smell of your skin as I breathe it in,
I'll wear my butterfly silk dress, you can
wear your cologne and let the pocket watch
not remind you of how time is flying.
Let me forget the fights, the breaking of glass
as your hand comes down upon it in a rage,
let me not watch you dissolve and fade away,
not bear the pain of losing you again,
or watch you walk away as you fail to
remember who I am.

Let me open the door once again,
let me remind you, that feeling of deja vu,
as you turn back to recall if you know me from
somewhere before, ask me if we've met before,
and I shall feign ignorance over it,
let me draw another circle,
holding onto it, till we
fall, till we fall,
till we fall,
into a straight line....

Comments

Brown Weed said…
we lost
what we had found. you know
we let each other down. yet
most of all, i do love you
still.
(- not me)
How do we know said…
did someone tell u to write this for me this morning??

no actually, no one did.. my story does not end this way...
Puja Upadhyay said…
This is simply amazing...its strange how a life can find echo in someone else's words.
Read for the first time, this poem really captivated me, the words resonate my story...deja vu.
Don't know what to say for your poem, just a small thank you.
A Arora said…
@mr bo: the song wasn't as nice though :P

how: exactly, this is not ur story at all...

@puja: thanks...welcome to my blog :)
Anonymous said…
i've always loved your writing estella :)
don't ever stop!
remember to always value what you have- your friends, your relationships, your days of peace. value the people who've loved you in spite of yourself.

much love
xo
This is extraordinary.Poignant, provocative..kudos!

Popular posts from this blog

Bringing It Back

A Decade Later

Tagged