Definition


I think, you should know
I lied.
I'm not the seductress in red,
or the intellectual with poses,
no, not the girl next door in
flower printed dresses,
or the alpha woman,
flaunting her muscles
to the guy in the corner,
with the bike under his thighs

I think you should know
I lied.
I'm not the mother of your children,
or the cooking master of brews
Or the someday famous writer
the one you'll say you knew
I'm not going to please your mother,
by telling her I can't dare
I'm not going to get flowers for your sister,
you see, I really don't care.

I've seen more than you ever can,
I know much more than you'll ever know
I'm the old lady who laughs at misery,
I'm the hag who cackles and crows
I'll sit here weather beaten, I'll watch
the sun and the rain and the snow
As the years pass, I'll grow older and glow
You'll never be able to catch me,
you'll never know how to make me happy,
No, you'll never know

But now, I think you should know,
I lied.
Someday I'm going to die,
But you'll never know,
That I lied.

Comments

LeeB said…
muahh...

I have nothing else to say. As always :)
A Arora said…
@LeeB: ur too sweet...just ur non comments are praises too..muaah back at ya

@shilpa: Thanks love!
How do we know said…
wow..one more time, u leave me speechless. Woman, i dont know abt being a hag or not, but you are a black magic woman for sure.

Popular posts from this blog

A Decade Later

Bringing It Back

The Story of K (contd.)