New age rant

New age cut loose,
Trouble reading the news
No patience, no ears for listening
Where did the damn wi-fi go?
Who do I talk to?
Why is she speaking so slow?

Find the joy in the rhyme,
Find the meaning in the pain,
Find the peace in the rain.
Nothing makes sense,
Everyone makes sense
What's to learn? What's to know?
Where did the time go? Go? Flow?

Look at my photos, no, look at my words,
My clothes, my work.
Don't look. Just look. No like.
What's this shit all about?
No innocence, no lost writers of the soul,
No Woodstock fancy free living
No corporate jargon a-giving

What does the girl want?
What does the man want?
What do I want?
To fast forward and grow old,
To go back pondering,
Into the not so thinking
But more so feeling once known?

It doesn't matter what he says,
Or they say. My body's growing old,
My eyes are not that great, my hair's not the same
My mind's a little dim dim,
But I'm trying to work out my game

Don't ask me to smile,
Don't ask me to choose,
Don't ask me no more questions
About what I want to do

I want to know who I am,
If even for a minute, know what I am.
I'm not new or old, I'm somewhere in between
I'm a bug squashed in a book,
Waiting to be discovered,
Waiting to be read.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bringing It Back

A Decade Later

The Story of K (contd.)