Vision




Tonight, I dreamt of the time,
I dreamt of snow.

That night, I woke up,
A little delirious from
The hike uphill and the drink,
The dark bathroom had no door,
An open space at the bottom
Of the wall, darkness outside.

I closed my eyes, scared
Open, close, peeping,
Imagining snakes
and blood soaked hands reaching
For my feet; Disappointed
That there wasn't anyone,
Except some monkeys
Clattering on the tin roof
The water in the tap was as
Cold as ice, almost good enough
To numb, and then the shooting pins
I remembered you saying,
Don't ever touch hot water
After this, they might never recover

I lingered for a while,
But I missed you.
You were warm, asleep,
Unaware of the dangers in the dark
Unwarned about the open door
That waited for you.
I held your finger in mine
And tried to sleep.

That night I dreamt of snow,
And woke up to you squealing,
Look it's snowing!

So, it was all going to happen,
Just as I had dreamt it.

Tonight, I dreamt of the time,
I dreamt of snow.

A dream in a dream,
A memory in a memory...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Decade Later

The Story of K (contd.)

Bringing It Back