My fairy lights




I hung you out in my room, 
As a girl, with shiny strings, 
And esoteric dreams
I don't know why, 
But it's been so long

It's been so long, 
We danced, under
Those mystical trees
You and me, 
And a song, 
Whirling round and round, 
Till we both fell down

It's been so long, 
I gave into whims
Of drunken nights
And cold stars
A porch sitting alone, 
Wondering why the train
Seemed so far, 
And home never felt like home

It's been so long, 
I took a bus to nowhere, 
Looking at strangers, 
On a lake near the town
Looking at the moon
At midnight
Looking at myself
Inside out

It's been so long
The colours are all gone, 
The lights fade away, 
One by one, 
Till they're just a tubelight now
It's been so long, 
So very long.. .

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Decade Later

Bringing It Back

Tagged