Your Photograph

 

You looked happy enough,

Though it was a long time back.

Were you smothered by shame?

I doubt it, there's your hand around her neck.

Were you planning your secret getaway?

Maybe, see, I don't remember seeing the signs.

But I've always been stupid that way.

Where was I in that moment of your glory?

Oh, yes, behind those cream desks,

Living on coffee and cigarettes,

Paying bills left astray, like your rolled up

Dreams going dark into a cloud.

Filling the fridge shelves with food to survive.

I thought I had forgiven, but I only forgot.

How can you forgive something you don't recollect?

All I remember is her sweat in your hair.

And now I can see you smiling,

In a memory I know nothing of.

I swear I don't remember anything.

I don't feel any pain,

I don't feel anything at all.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Decade Later

The Story of K (contd.)

Bringing It Back