What Dreams May Come

 


I had the most wondrous dream last night. I generally don't share my dreams because they are personal and I have multiple dreams in one night, some prophetic, some catastrophic, some just plain weird. I used to keep a dream journal many years ago inspired by Jack Kerouac, but that ended up being so surreal that it freaked me out as well.

I dreamt of living in a cave. There were foxes there and this world had only two colours, pink and green. It's like the designs you see when you close your eyes, the whirls of pink and green that build and burst like bubbles and finally disappear.

After what seemed like an eternity in the cave, I decided to step out. There was a river flowing outside and a beautiful path that led to a sky of glitter. It called to me and my feet ached to go towards it. The horizon was endless pink and the grass green and shiny dew like diamonds hung on the grass.

I decided not to go down the path. I wanted to explore what else lay in this world. So I took another route and reached a village. There were people roaming around on cycles and scooters. There were carts selling fruit. But everything was transparent. These people floated about and were see through, almost as if they were spirits. There was silence, no one talked. It was as if they could not see me at all. I tried to make contact but was ignored. It was extremely cold in this world. There was no sun and no warmth.

The path I had decided not to take kept calling me. It said, come, come, don't you want to know what lies ahead? But I said no, not today, right now I want to be in my cosy blanket and wake up in my bed.

And then I woke up. Being the overthinker that I am, I analysed every bit of it. But it was early morning. There was breakfast to be made and kids to feed. So I left it at that. 

I have done astral travel before, but only within this realm; sometimes when I sleep, sometimes when I'm awake. I go to places that I want to, meet people that I can't in my waking life, fly, swim, ride a motorbike, all the things I don't know how to do.

 All those experiences are enriching, but this one has left me feeling thrilled. It means I can go back to reality when I choose to.

Where do you go when you dream?



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Decade Later

The Story of K (contd.)

Bringing It Back