The Fall

 


(Fall of Icarus, Saraceni Carlos)


I dreamt you fell,

From a great height.

You tumbled and crashed.

And there was nothing I could do,

But watch in horror.

My silent screams couldn't reach you.

You lay in a pool of blood,

Limp and gone, incapable 

Of being revived, rescued or saved.

I woke up wanting to cry,

Because there's nothing worse

Than watching someone die

Before your eyes.

I dreamt you fell.

Or maybe it really happened

I don't know anymore,

What do I believe?

A dream that feels solid

Or reality that seems cloud like.

In any case, I prayed.

Because that's all I can do these days.

Apparently it helps,

Even if you are a sceptic,

And know very well God is too busy

To pay heed to foreboding dreams.

Still I prayed.







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Decade Later

The Story of K (contd.)

Bringing It Back