A Message

 



Can I hold you,

Even though you're so far away?

Can I just put my arms around you?

Even though nothing I say,

Will change the way these days,

They seem to go on, endlessly,

One into another, colliding,

Like battleships on a dark sea,

And the sirens of war, they sound,

Loud and red, casualties waiting,

For life and air. It's all so bleak.

But if I could just hold you,

I would whisper in your ear,

I pray for you every night,

I pray that you persevere.

And nothing that I do, 

Ever seems to make a difference,

And my hand is too far away from your face.

But if I could just hold you,

I would tell you, the waves 

Will quieten and the moon 

Will come out, and we will soon

Sit on the shore and watch

The tides change; If I could just hold you,

That's what I would say.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Decade Later

The Story of K (contd.)

Bringing It Back