A Song About Nothing



 Today, I thought I should write a song,

About all the things that have

Kept me awake at night, in recent times.

All the thoughts I wake up with,

As if nothing would have happened 

While I slept; as if my dreaming

Anymore doesn't matter, because 

I am in a dream, one of many.

But I wavered and drew back again,

I will write about that in some years,

When I'm looking at it outside in,

Not inside out; I will revisit

When the wheel stops spinning.

It hasn't yet. The verdict isn't out still.

The climax hasn't reached its dramatic end.

I am still in the dream.

Sometimes I wake up and smile,

Because I'm glad I woke up.

And others, I wake up crying,

Because I will miss what I saw.

There are no masks in the dream,

Only the truth, unfiltered and clear.

There is no hidden, aching pain in the voices,

That retreat with the enemy's battle threat.

Only the singing of an old song,

Remembered in fragments of the past.

So I wrote a song about nothing,

Because that way I could still write

About all the things I'm going through.

I wrote a song about nothing,

Hoping my message would still get through.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Decade Later

The Story of K (contd.)

Bringing It Back