Ascension




 I used to be a word addict,

Start every day by consuming them in pills,

Sweet ones to give the energy boost,

Bitter ones to release the inner wounds.

Scoop them in jars, melt them 

And blend them to create smoothies.

Serve them straight up for a dose of honesty.

Sometimes I would hide them behind curtains,

And ask people to play peek a boo.

There would be banquets so grand,

With guests getting customised treats.

For the curious, there were subtle metaphors,

For the lovers, always a side dish of hints.

I lived in a fortress of poems,

I swam in a fountain of explanations.



Then the castle burnt down,

Eyes like arrows, with ash and snow

Rained on the tower, and the guests all left.

Out of the smoke of the remains of 

What was said and what wasn't, 

Grew nothing and I lived in nothing

And loved how transparent it felt.

You don't need words in order to feel,

You don't need to know in order to believe.

We all have our armours to get through the day.

Some hide behind saying it all.

Some hide behind saving it all away.


There are other dimensions,

Evolved ones where no one speaks.

There is perfect understanding here,

Unconditional love that flows at our feet.

I explain everything without saying a word,

I understand everything without any demands.


I sit alone in the dark, 

I count stars that I can't see,

But I know they are there.

I don't say what I want,

I listen to what isn't said.

I used to sit at the top of the tower,

I'm just a passer by instead.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Decade Later

The Story of K (contd.)

Bringing It Back