Divine Plan



 "Owww oww oww"

"What happened? Why are you crying? Are you in pain?"

"Yes. It's my heart and it's broken."

"Who broke your heart?"

"I did."

"I don't understand..."

"See, I was watching this movie. This guy loves this girl a lot. And then he tells her he's going far away. Leaving."

"Where is he going?"

"To fight in the war. Away from her."

"So then what happens?"

"I don't know. I was howling away, so I didn't watch. I saw her suffering, her crying and it broke me inside. Why are men so stupid? How can he leave the best thing that's happened to him and go away?"

"Maybe he comes back a better man for her. Renewed, more brave, more sure. Wars are supposed to change men."

"What if he dies and never comes back?"

"That would be his fate then. He is only following his destiny. If he was destined to be with her, he will someday. That's how things work. Divine Plan."

"Divine Plan my foot! I don't like such movies."

"Honestly, I don't even think this was a movie. This is a Green Day video, 'Wake me up when September ends'. Isn't it?"

"Maybe. Maybe not."

"Why did it affect you so much? For God's sake, stop crying again!"

"I don't like people leaving. They never come back."

"Oh, I get it. You are taking this personally? A trigger from your past maybe?"

"Yes. I told you my heart is broken."

"Do you want to watch the whole video?"

"Does it end well? Does he come back?"

"No. He dies. Sorry. But he still loves her."

"Is that enough?"

"It's all that's enough."

"Hmm. Do you want some ice cream?"

"Yes please. You are very cute. Has anyone ever told you that?"

"No. No one has called me cute. Ever."

"Come, let's eat ice cream and mend your broken heart."

"Sounds like a plan."

"Like a Divine Plan?"

"Yes, something like that."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Decade Later

The Story of K (contd.)

Bringing It Back