Companions

 


Go easy my love.

Go easy on me.

Go easy on you.

Waters so calm 

So icy blue deep

Storm's passed over,

Wreckage swirled sweetly

Floated, fished, fallen

Disappeared out of sight.

It was a tough night

Of pushing and shoving

Of breaking and bending

You showed up,

That's all that matters

Each time in stilletos,

Your lucky charm bracelet,

Dangling from your wrist

As you went to holy war.

Unzipped your leather jacket,

And showed me what lied underneath.


Go easy my love,

Go easy on me.

Go easy on you.

Walking on seashells

Ain't a habit,

Each time the pinch,

Slippery slope slidin'

Peeled your heel this time

Went on too far 

For way too less.

It's alright baby.

I did what I could.

Can't you see?

Harbour's still close

Can get the help we need.

Drop anchor, drop

It down, stop, stall, seize

Land ahoy me mate.

Map's on my lap, and you.

Your hair spreads thin,

It stays, how it breathes

Close your eyes, put a finger

Any place, you and me.

Start again honey, 

Let's set sail next week.

Sleep, head down,

Eyes look at me.

Your eyes, your eyes.

Always tearing me.

Bit by bit,

This ship sinks, 

Don't mind,

I don't mind.


Easy my love.

Go easy.

You.

Me.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Decade Later

The Story of K (contd.)

Bringing It Back