Sordid Day

 




I ain't got no inspiration,

And my feet are wobbly too.

So I caught a dream in my hand,

And pretended it was real.

But nothing seems to matter these days.

Even the sun has gone cold.

So I tried blending in with the scene,

But too that left me feeling old.

I said, hell no, I just gotta stop trying

So hard. I put my head down

And looked at the crumbly sky.

The brightness blinded my sad eyes,

And I closed them to get lost.

When I finally awoke, the stars were out.

And the sordid day had finally passed.

I don't drink any more, so all I had 

Was a Coke. Then I looked back

To see what made this such an awful one.

And the answer was loud and clear.

I woke up with a sigh instead of a smile.

So tomorrow I'll just laugh instead.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Decade Later

The Story of K (contd.)

Bringing It Back