Amalgamation

 


This is an invocation

For Union,

Kintsugi for broken parts

Of the soul, fragments

Of old wars, old friends

Held captive for treason,

For rebellion, for dissent.

Prisoners of reform, 

You are now free.

I ask you to form an alliance

With our former party,

Original ideas that need 

Once again to merge.

We had our disagreements,

I was the stubborn old emperor,

Iron handed and fascist,

Cloud beard drowning in soup,

I threw you in the dungeons,

I was wrong. We need more opinions,

Democratic voices we must pronounce.

You can now decree. I will welcome you

With fancy parades and golden flags,

We will march forward into a new dawn.

I am sorry for my demeanour,

I apologize for all that I did wrong.

We are all equal now, 

We will sit together at the conference,

Sing our collective anthem and

Form egalitarian treaties that benefit all.

This is a call for the highest union.

I will scoop the broken pieces

I will bow my head to your thorns.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Decade Later

The Story of K (contd.)

Bringing It Back