Amethyst World



Hard, cold, 

My world inside 

Your world.

Fairy wings 

Dance upon snow

Slide one foot in,

One leg out.

Disco balls,

Circle of silver.

Protect me.

I protect you.

I will protect you.

So far, I have.

So far, I have.

Don't remove me.

I won't any more.

Godmother in glasses.

Can't promise you safety.

Midnight you must come home.

Come back home. Poof!

Spell's over. Cinderella,

My Cinderella, where are you?

Are those your shoes?

Nike Air? Where were you running?

Don't you know you have ugly feet?

I like your purple nail polish.

So mysterious, my rag town whore.

Did you sell your thoughts 

For everyone to see? So easily?

Couldn't you be like her?

So wise, so calm, 

So earthly. And you 

With your coloured rings 

And your fingers in my knee,

Stop poking me with your liberty,

Your forward thinking thoughts,

Your sequined cloak of invisibility.

Merlin, Merlin, guide me please.

I can't get this sword out.

Most nights I can't even sleep.

Give me some bourbon, some pinot noir.

Something to forget the garnet reds.

Something to zip my lips instead.

Crown Chakra, open up.

Let me transcend. All these 

Balls and dicks floating above my head.

Wipe my bitter gourd unpleasantness 

And fill me with chocolate banana bread.


I will be the quiet monk in the temple.

I will be the white haired damsel 

Investing your money when you're dead.

Whatever I be. Whatever you want.

Please don't expect me to be dull.

Soldier with the medal I can be.

Slay all my dragons with misery.

My milkshake brings 

All the boys to the yard.

Damn right 

Damn right.

































Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Decade Later

The Story of K (contd.)

Bringing It Back