Hide and Seek (2)



A dark shroud has fallen 

On your perfect face.

And the dark glasses 

On my once eager eyes,

Hide my anticipation.

Because I have waited 

Long enough for the clouds 

To pass and now I'm getting

Tired and going to sleep.

I can't play this game anymore,

For what is beauty, but a glitch 

In our sight? And what is fulfillment,

But a sharp pain on this luminous night?

In two days, you will be complete,

But I won't be here to watch you.

In your coming and going,

I lost my youth, I reinstated 

And withdrew my long time faith.

So your eyes can very well shun my face, 

Which will be forever masked, 

Carefully unpeeled by your light,

You once promised me you would,

Learn to acknowledge, but once again,

Failed every night to shed.
















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Decade Later

The Story of K (contd.)

Bringing It Back