Release

 



Telling myself it's not as hard, 

Hard, hard as it seems.


There are no stories left 

To tell any more.

The horses are dead,

And I could sit there and 

Flag their rotting bodies,

But to what avail?

I go where there is movement,

Life and its beads of light.

Brightly coloured bubbles 

Floating over gushing streams.

A wift of a wind of a wet day,

Let me gently blow this dark cloud away.

I am free, I am free, 

A creature devoid of attachment

And suffering any more.

To feel is to suffer, who said that?

The Buddha or was it Lao Tzu?

Your parting shot was a Kierkegaard quote.

I have to give you an extra point 

For that. Always better sounding 

Than my sentimental rag tunes.


So as we say in Theta,

It's done. It's done. It's done.

Adios Amigos. See you someday 

Bro. So cool we be. The new age family.

You, me and she. Discussing right wingers 

Over smokes and tea. Time to move on.

It's time for me to let this darkness go.

Next decade, I will be 

A spiritual master with my vow of silence.

Loose white robes in ashrams.

Aligning my chakras, while your children 

Leave their houses for universities.


And I will find the white mare.

And I will come tumbling down,

This haunted mountain of dreams.

Till human voices wake me,

And I drown. And I drown.
























Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Decade Later

The Story of K (contd.)

Bringing It Back