Good Night

 



Sleep tonight.

With your arms 

Wide open.

The worst is over,

And I know many 

Nights have passed,

Since you felt at ease.

Tossing and turning,

Waking up startled,

As if your life would 

Stop any second now.

Scared of bitter truths and lies,

Sugar coated in numbness.

Sometimes drenched in sweat,

Body aching for relief.

Sometimes so cold,

Panicking over things 

So far beyond your control.

But now it's all passed.

Hush, my dear.

Don't think,

I would never 

Get your message.

I know how to read 

Many languages.

I know how to  calm 

The fire dragon.

Sing it a lullaby.

Kiss its forehead 

And whisper in its ears,

Till he's drowsy and weak.

I'm here now.

I will hold your hand,

Every night,

Till you finally sleep.

With the rise and fall

Of my breath,

You will conquer 

Your fears. 

Towards the sound 

Of my beating heart,

You can turn.

You will find 

It peaceful,

You will find,

All that you were,

All that you are,

All that you are going to be,

In me.









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Decade Later

The Story of K (contd.)

Bringing It Back