Song for the Day

 


Pouncing ray to ray to through the dappled shadows,
Light was pouring down upon the stepping-stones,
It felt like morning coming for its throne,
But I don't know why it looked like a tiger striped sky.
Well, half the world was pulling on its colours,
As night surrendered day to the hours,
Glow was coming down, coming down,
I don't know why but it felt like a tiger striped sky.
Tell me why I'm underneath this tiger striped sky!
Tired of seeing adventures on a café wall,
I think I'll take a turn from the known road,
I think I'll write a tale of my own,
I'm going southbound to where the ocean's flirting with the coast.
I'll be giving up my stripes,
Be painting with new colours beginning with dove white!

-Tiger Striped Sky, Roo Panes

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Decade Later

The Story of K (contd.)

Bringing It Back