A Day With Clouds

 

 

I could spend 

A whole day,

Looking at clouds, 

Big, small, white and grey,

With a hint of black.

Some sun, some shade.

I could stare at them,

All day.

I watched flowers fall,

On the road,

Till the wind blew them away, 

Till they found their way home.

I watched two girls,

Saunter and pose,

For the perfect photo.

One of them jumped up high,

And tried to touch the sky.

I watched her from a distance,

And laughed to watch her.

Feel so alive.

To capture one moment forever,

To be so greedy, to want it all, 

To be so perfect in memory.

I want that too.

I want to be etched without flaws,

I want to be like the sky too.

Long ago, I sat at a cafe,

Next to the sea, sat all day, 

From breakfast to evening tea, 

From lunch to cocktails.

I sat and read a book, 

And stared at clouds all day.

People came and went.

People come and go.

I sit once again,

Looking at the sky.

Everything changes, 

Around me.

I am the same.

Everyone moves, 

Around me.

I am immovable.

I am the earth.

Always looking  

At the ever changing sky. 

I am the earth, 

That holds all ebbs and flows.

The sky may change, 

I will always stay the same.

I will never be unsteady.

Never falter, never fail. 

I am the earth.

Watching the fickle sky, 

I hold it in my palms, 

Till it learns to stay still.

Till I learn to let it go.








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Decade Later

The Story of K (contd.)

Bringing It Back