A Letter

 


Dear Self, 

First of all, I want to say thank you. For not shoving things under the carpet, for not burying your neck under the sand or going on pretending all is well. I know this is one of the hardest times you have gone through. I know because I've been there with you each step of the way.

Congratulations on becoming the person you are today. I know I never compliment you or tell you good things about yourself, but I promise that from now on, I will. Here is a pat on the back for you. Keep up the good effort.

I am proud of all the endless physical glitches you tackled one by one and still do every day. I see you are not going to sit in a corner and sulk about it. Which is perfect! The only way to live completely is to keep moving on. Giddy up and claw your way through this. Hard on the outside, soft on the inside. Always remember that.

I'm glad you stayed soft on the inside. People tested your patience many times, and wondered why you still reached out, why you cared. They saw you as weak and confused. But you know the truth, they don't. Neither are you weak nor confused. You are one of the most clear headed people I know. You know exactly what you do, and why you do it, what you want and what you don't want. So thank you, for not letting people change you. Continue to reach out, continue to do good, not because you want anything in return. Because that's who you are and will always be.

For all the heart, mind and soul work you put in, thank you. The endless books, workshops, meditations, research, therapy, everything that made you reach this point where you are cleared of past karma and can start afresh. You put in the work, and the results will come. You are now a brand new version of yourself, unscathed and unscratched.

For always believing in love, I am grateful to you. The world is a wonderful place, and only love can make it better. Go forth and keep loving, even if it's a butterfly or a cat or a tree, it doesn't matter who or what you love, as long as you do it completely, whole heartedly and with nothing but pure boundless intentions behind it. Love isn't a balance sheet with profit and loss entries. It just is. There's only gain, never any loss.

For forgiving so easily, never holding grudges, never keeping count or keeping track, thank you. 

I look forward to spending my life with you. You are the best companion and friend one could ever hope for. I love you, always and forever.

Eternally the optimist, 

Me. :)



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Decade Later

The Story of K (contd.)

Bringing It Back