Presence

 


I was walking around, 

Minding my own business.

Also looking for the snake, 

That had been spotted today.

And suddenly I felt a cold draught, 

Hitting me straight on the face.

I backtracked a bit, hey what was that?

I felt it again. I looked around.

An outlet, a pipe, a shadow spot?

Now, now, could this be a ghost?

God knows why, but the word 

Has been stalking me the last few days.

Ghosts of girlfriends past, 

A really ridiculous movie!

Is this what you wanted?

To live in a house that is haunted, 

By the ghosts of you and me?

Cohen lines always make you ponder.

I shuddered. I really don't want to 

Deal with ghosts right now.

Once I lived in a real haunted house, 

And that was no fun at all.

We packed up our bags, 

And ran out of town. 

Okay, so how do we solve, 

This new mystery?

I stood at the junction 

Where I felt the ghost.

I closed my eyes and let it sink into me.

The wind blew across and flapped my skirt.

The sky grew pink and looked like candy.

Soon the cold draught was gone.

I think it moved to the basement.

Where it's safe without intrusion.

Where other ghosts live together.

I think it will be a while, 

Before it comes this way again.

It knows I could sense its presence.

It knows I wouldn't let it be.

I continued walking.

Looking for that elusive snake.

Looking for warmer things, 

To encounter in warmer days.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Decade Later

The Story of K (contd.)

Bringing It Back