Rebound




I think 
I must fall
In love again. 
In order to see
With new eyes. 
I promise
I will kiss no one
I swear 
I will always
Keep my clothes on. 
I will never call
Or text a stranger
To rendezvous
Them behind a door.
I will not lie, 
I will not cheat, 
I will not ever
Follow a lover,
Or beg on my knees. 
But I have to be true
To myself first. 

I must fall
In love again. 
But if not you,
Then who? 
And if not me, 
Then how will
We ever learn
Who was really
Meant to be? 

I must fall
In love 
All over again,
And again. 
Till I learn, 
How I truly
Deserve to be treated
With kindness
And grace
And truth. 
With only truth. 

I must fall
In love
Again
With 
Truth. 
Because
It's the only thing
That will stay
With me. 
When all my love
Has faded 
Into white. 
Only truth
Will stay. 
Blank invisible
Words
On an empty
Slate. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Decade Later

The Story of K (contd.)

Bringing It Back