Hide and Seek (3)

 



The game is over, my friend. 

I have grown up, you see. 

I don't want to find you

Or try to cover my eyes, 

As you mysteriously disappear. 

This game was over 

A long time ago. 


Really? You don't love me? 

Jeez, what happened to you? 

Why so unromantic, 

So broody and dull, 

So pebbly poorly miserly? 


Okay, here's the bandwagon, 

The final confession, 

Our duet to be sung, 

When the audience is drunk

And blind and pathetic, 

So they will believe

What you show them to be. 

But not me, mister, 

Sorry, but not me. 

You are made of stone, 

And I am flesh and bone. 

I have a heart,  but you don't. 

I am human, you are just dark, 

Vapours and gas, no substance, 

Cracking and broken and old. 

Damn, even your light 

Isn't really your own. 

I'm so utterly sorry

For glamourising you so. 

You ain't even a star, 

So don't throw those flowers

Just yet. Your just a hang on the side. 

A one plus two offer. 

Buy one, get one free kind of deal. 

You go where your master

Asks you to go. 

So just please let me take a picture

And post it for show. 

We have a history, 

You and me. I might

Keep staring, 

I might want to get lost

In your goblets of gold, 

Or howl like a wolf, 

In the heat of my night, 

As you grab me by the throat. 

But make no mistake, 

I'm done playing

This game. 

So bye bye 

You raggedy gone down

Joke of a muse. 

I'll find someone new

To continue

My disappointing poems. 

Or maybe just lay down

In a field and bury myself 

Dead for this night to

Pass by like a memory instead. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Decade Later

The Story of K (contd.)

Bringing It Back