Cooking with Coldplay



I sit patiently, 

Examining the worthy

And the rotten, stems

From fresh leaves, 

What to discard, 

What goes in the pile 

That stays, what must I

Risk and how much have I paid. 

I hum, I sing, partaking

In ceremonies of solitude

And creation, though I am aware

That it will take a while. 

Words bounce off walls, 

'I will try to fix you, 

I will try to fix you'

What can be fixed will be fixed, 

What must be sacrificed 

Will sooner or later offer its head. 

I do not like wastage, 

I decide to use it in another way. 

I have always been like this. 

Can't have love, let's be friends. 

So you hate me, why? 

Let me try to convince you otherwise. 

But now my back hurts, 

My hands are muddy and green. 

I foraged into standing lakes, 

I could not find anything there but silt. 

'It is your fault, it is all your fault. '

Once again, they say this to me. 

Every person I ever loved, 

Turned against my face, 

Every boy who became a man, 

Doesn't want to be that man for me. 

Because I remind them 

Of the time they were once weak, 

When they did not love themselves, 

But only loved me; See I have never 

Been like that, I have always loved

Myself first even if it never seemed 

That way to anyone I tried so hard to please. 


Yes, it is all my fault. 

Maybe I'm the one who lies, 

Maybe I'm the one who runs away. 

Maybe all along the way, it was me. 

I bow down in defeat, I will not argue. 

If you say I'm wrong, I'm wrong. 

If you say I don't love anyone, 

I have no choice but to agree. 

I don't expect anyone to understand me. 

I'm still trying to earn my degree. 

The song changes yet again. 

'Am I a part of the cure, 

Or am I part of the disease? '

I pick up pace, watch my fingers

As they sort everything out in seconds. 

Once I'm done, I will wash, disinfect, 

Wash, disinfect again, then blanche, 

Seive, shock and restore the green. 

A bit of lemon, some pureeing, 

Before you know it, 

I'll be done with my work, 

I'll be ready with my dish. 

But who will ever know, 

How much time I really took? 

When you take a bite, 

And lick your lips, 

When you praise me, 

Would you really say, 

Everything's my fault? 

Just because I make it seem easy, 

Doesn't mean it's easy to be me. 

Just because you seem kind, 

Doesn't hide the truth that you can be mean. 

Let's finish this course and move on, 

I have many more tricks up my sleeve. 

You thought this was the main dish, 

But darling, I have planned a whole meal. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Decade Later

The Story of K (contd.)

Bringing It Back