Companions (2)

 



"I hate you, I hate you, I hate you. "

"Why do you hate me? "

"Because you are a liar. It is not possible that you could not be feeling my pain. It is not possible that I imagined all of this. "

"What do you want me to say? What will make you feel better? "

"Say that you love me. Just admit it. "

"I can't. You know I can't. "

"Then fuck off from here. Never come back here again. Get the hell outta my life. And if you can't, just kill me. It would be better to die than to keep feeling like this. "

"Go where? We are on a staircase. We both live here. I will stay in my house and never come out here. That way you can forget about me. "

"What about my head? Where you have been living rent free for so many years? What do i do about that? "

"Evict me. You are the landlord. You can choose to banish me forever. "

"So easy for you to say that, you heartless asshole! You think I haven't tried? "

"Try harder then. If I am such an asshole. "

"Why do you play the same song every night in your balcony? You know that was our song. Are you trying to torture me? "

"How would I know that you are spying on me? I just happen to like the song. I would assume that you would have moved on. "

"Bah! I know you are spying on me too! I see someone has tampered with my letters and put them back in my letter box. What do you want to know? How much money I have in my bank Or if I paid my electricity bill? "

"You have lost your mind! I never spied on you. You know, you make this out to be a grand love affair. We were just casual. You and I were never in a relationship."

"Bullshit! I call bullshit! Three years! I even invited your mother over for tea. You even said she adored me. And your sister, didn't she tell you we should move in together? "

"Don't involve my family in this. And don't ever call my mother again! "

"How can I? I know you've blocked my number on her phone. You sick, insecure man! Why can't you own up like a man that you were in love with me, that you are still in love with me? "

"Please leave me alone. I don't love you. I have moved on. "

"I know about the camper girl. "

"What camper girl? "

"The one who stayed over at your house. The one you are going to Ladakh with. "

"What the hell? How do you know all this? Who told you I'm going to Ladakh? She's just part of the group we are going in. Besides, she's not my type. She's a tomboy, she's like a buddy. "

"So, you never slept with her? "

"I haven't slept with anyone since we broke up. "

"You love me, just say that you love me.! "

"You scare me. You behave like a psychopath. "

"You're just being mean now..."

"Don't cry, please don't cry. I'm sorry for hurting you. I'm really sorry. I never meant to hurt you. I did love you. "

"But you don't now? Oh god, you keep breaking my heart. "

"I'll just go. I'll move out. I'll find another apartment somewhere. "

"Okay."

"Aren't you going to stop me? "

"No. Why would I? "

"Because you would miss me. "

"I still miss you. I will always miss you. Till the day I die. But if you don't love me, you have to go."

"But I... I... I'm scared. "

"Of what? "

"Of going away. What if we never meet ever again? "

"That's life for you. "

"Okay. If that's what you want. "

"What do you want? "

"I don't know. "

"Oh for fuck's sake. Get out of here! "

"I'm going. Goodbye. "

"Good riddance "

"Don't say that please. It's hurtful. "

"Goodbye. Forever. "

"Never say forever. "

"What is wrong with you? "

"I'm not going anywhere. If you want to, you can go. I don't want to go anywhere. "

"Fine, join me in my misery then. "

"I don't mind. Do you still have that Kenyan coffee? "

"Yes."

"Can I have a cup? "

"Fine."

"Fine."

"Might as well enjoy this shitshow now that we are stuck in it together. "

"Might as well... "


( I was scrolling through random videos when I came across one that depicted two neighbours falling in love. This is my take on the same concept, only with the point of view of things going sour.) 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Decade Later

The Story of K (contd.)

Bringing It Back