Inconclusive



Falling right into my head, 

Picking up the pieces there, 

Finding all the shards I hid, 

Till I cut and bleed again. 


Tell me why it's often said, 

We fall from grace when we expect, 

We rise again when we forgive, 

When we walk away, holding it in. 


Nothing hurts, nothing gives, 

When time stands so quietly still, 

Like watching everything move

In nothing but blurred reflections. 


I look again for something real, 

Remembering then it's better this way, 

It's better to not know than break, 

It's better that I forget those names. 


But then bright lights hit my eyes, 

In a moment I see it so clear, 

I see all the truths and lies, 

Sharp shooter pains that make me cry. 


The wound is closed, the scar unseen, 

But deep inside I still believe, 

I still believe what I saw was real, 

When I watched it in the reflection. 


In the reflection, I saw the smiles, 

The burning fires, the sparkling eyes. 

When I turned around it disappeared. 

In the real world, there was nothing there. 


But now that it's time to close the case, 

I wish someone would at least describe, 

What they saw when they looked at me.

Did they see me or just my reflection? 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Decade Later

The Story of K (contd.)

Bringing It Back