Scissors



Cutting away dead branches, 

Pruning away old weeds, 

Letting dried flowers fall. 

Chopping off old hair, 

Threads, ties, attachments, 

Bonds, friends, past-thems, 

Present have-nots, have-beens, 

Have-but not haves, have-but not wants. 

Blocking everyone I don't know

Anymore; can't care less

If I seem cold, old, heartless, 

Faithless, clueless, dreamless. 

Deleting, cleaning, wiping, 

Seeming there, but I'm not. 

One month more, I'm out. 

Dead, gone, never understood, 

Whether was foolish or not. 

Loved, unloved, admired, stalked, 

Left behind alone, met alone 

Once, never, ever again. 

Saw, known, recognised, dismissed, 

Hidden, ignored, lied to, abandoned. 

Walking alone, now alone, 

Days alone, wanting to be left alone. 

New walls, now building new walls. 

Old ones broken by handless men, 

By voodoo dolls, wives, friends, 

Tarot readers, family, your family, 

I know it all, I'm Miss Know-it-all. 

So broken, so tired, so blamed. 

I agree, I admit, I'm guilty

Of being lost. Decapitate me, 

Roll my head under the snow. 

That's all I dream of these days, 

Dancing under the snow. 

I'm not cold there, it's my home. 

Under the leafless trees, there's a a cabin

With a fire and a wooden floor. 

Today I met the peacock queen there. 

She invited me to a feast, 

She asked me to never leave and go. 

I like it there, it's so quiet, 

So breathtakingly peaceful. 

I'm going to cut my reality, 

I'm going to withdraw for good. 

Chop, chop Mr Choo, 

Choo, chop Sir, 

Chopsticks or scissors, 

What should I choose? 

What should I choose? 

Me or no one at all?

Me, only me, only me, 

Cold, steel-centred, sharpened, 

Shiny, lying in a corner me. 

Never a coward to bleed me. 

Soon to slice your heart in two me. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Decade Later

The Story of K (contd.)

Bringing It Back