Think of me when it rains



Think of me

When it rains. 

Everytime you hear

A dancing melody, 

See me moving across, 

My hair hanging over

My bare back, burning

Over bonfires and trees. 

When you feel cold

And rub your hands together, 

Remember my hands

Every time they reached out

To meet yours in vain. 

Lines of a familiar poem, 

That I may have quoted, 

Pieces of my soul bared

Just to make you feel at home. 

When you see icy peaks

On lonely roads far away

From crowded cities

And burnt down roads, 

Think of me because

I spoke of them before you roamed. 

Green lakes kissing blue skies, 

Everytime you see a cat, 

Calling out to you, think of me. 

In bottles of beer

And glasses of wine, 

Over meals of fish and rice. 

In grey office buildings

And empty balconies too. 

Looking at smoky skies

Gasping at yellow moons. 

In songs of love and freedom, 

Of heartbreak and longing

Of waiting for someone to return, 

When you break down over something

So beautiful you can not believe

It could ever be real for you. 

Ruby red rings on fingers

And strong green emeralds too. 

When you lay your weary dreams

To sleep and open your tired eyes at two. 

In mornings of sunrise and coffee, 

On holidays in foreign countries too. 

Watching television in silence, 

Reading quotes that need to be shared. 

On tired days, on lonely nights, 

In blue pits and red angry tunes. 

Running alone to escape yourself

Still never managing to spot your shadow, 

Think of me every time you sigh, 

Cry, laugh, love, hate, dream, breathe. 


Think of me, 

When it rains. 

Like a lost memory, 

You've been trying

So hard to remember. 

Think of me, 

When it rains. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Decade Later

The Story of K (contd.)

Bringing It Back