Song for the week

 


Some say love is a burning thingThat it makes a fiery ringOh but I know love as a fading thingJust as fickle as a feather in a streamSee, honey, I saw love,You see it came to meIt puts its face up to my face so I could seeYeah then I saw love disfigure meInto something I am not recognizing
See the cage, it called. I said, come on inI will not open myself up this way againNor lay my face to the soil, nor my teeth to the sandI will not lay like this for days now upon endYou will not see me fall, nor see me struggle to standTo be acknowledged by some touch from his gnarled handsYou see the cage it called. I said, come on inI will not open myself this way again.
You see the moon is bright in that treetop nightI see the shadows that we cast in the cold clean lightI might fear I go and my heart is whiteAnd we race right out on the desert plains all nightSee honey I am not, some broken thingI do not lay in the dark waiting for theeNow my heart is gold, my feet are lightAnd I'm racing out on the desert plains all night
Some say love is a burning thingThat it makes a fiery ringAll that I know love as a caging thingJust a killer come to call from some awful dreamAnd all you folks, you come to seeYou just stand there in the glass looking at meBut my heart is wild, and my bones are steelAnd I could kill you with my bare hands if I was free. 

- Song for Zula, Phosphorescent

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Decade Later

The Story of K (contd.)

Bringing It Back